of the Campus Faculty Meeting
Charles Riggs , Chair
I. Call to Order:
Charles Riggs, Campus Faculty Chair, called the meeting to order at 3:33 p.m.
II. Approval of the Agenda
Without objection, the agenda was approved.
III. Minutes of the Fall 2005 Meeting
Without objection, the minutes of the Fall 2005 meeting were approved.
A. Chancellor John White spoke on the 2% reallocation process and related issues.
2% Allocation Process:
- A way to redistribute institutional resources across campus
- Began in FY 97 because change does not occur uniformly across campus.
- How it works - Return 2% of the budget to a segregated pool. Redistribution occurs within the pool. Referred to as 98%-based budgeting. It is applied throughout the University and the primary decision makers are the Vice Chancellors, Deans and Directors. When will it end? Ask Chancellor White's successor!
Challenges We Face on Campus:
- Further increase diversity and celebrate it.
- Secure full funding of the ADHE formula
- Continue toward our institutional goals
- Obtain support for new academic buildings
- Celebrate our successes but keep moving
- Raise the bar across campus!
B. Vice Chancellor for University Advancement G. David Gearhart spoke on the process for establishing development priorities.
Five focus areas - faculty, students, library, programs, and capital
Fund Raising Goals
- $75 million in private gifts; now at $64.5 million; goal of $100 million by 2010
- 1 billion in endowment the goal for 2010
- Build on the momentum
- Create new Board of Advisors
- Complete buildings - Walker Hall and Law School
- Raise need-based scholarships
- Support Alumni Association endowment
- Possible mini campaigns
- Renovate Greek Houses
- Emphasis on giving
- Increase stewardship activities
- Improve campus aesthetics
- International outreach into the Pacific Rim
V. Old Business
VI. New Business
The meeting was adjourned at 5:03 p.m.